As an intern at Socrates Sculpture Park you’ll join our tight knit staff (6 full-time employees, 3 part-time) to help bring public art and programming to a five-acre waterfront park in Long Island City, Queens.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following opportunity:
The Intern will assist with administrative and curatorial projects related to the 2016 Emerging Artist Fellowship (EAF) Residency and Exhibition. This will include serving as the contact person between Exhibition and Communications Staff and the 15 artists-in-residence, creating the first draft of Socrates’ EAF catalog, and collecting and formatting collateral material for the EAF exhibition, including artist bios, brochure text, placard text, and banner content.
Through this internship, the Intern will gain experience working on-site with artists, assisting both practically and conceptually to further the residency and exhibition. S/he will learn how to use concise email and in-person communication to manage individual artist projects, a group exhibition, and a 15-artist studio residency program.
– develop and mange calendar for the 2015 EAF studio residency
– provide basic administrative support for EAF artists-in-residence
– plan and attend progress meetings and studio visits with Socrates Exhibition staff and outside curators
– coordinate essay commissions from outside curators
– research and write artist and curator bios
– draft exhibition and project descriptions for website and print
– correspond with artists, curators, galleries and museums
Candidates should possess strong organizational skills and have a working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop software, and experience with Internet research. Applicants should be flexible, responsive, eager to learn, and possess strong communication skills.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send all required information listed under “How to Apply” to Jess Wilcox, Director of Exhibitions, at email@example.com